Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Was "That" Mom

One of my good friends went out of town to visit her mother who had just moved into a new home. She asked me to keep an eye on her children while she was away. She has a 17 yr old, 14 yr old, and a 12 yr old. No big....They are all really good kids, and amazingly self sufficient. Sounds like a breeze, huh? Well, you would have thought I was the one in charge of all managing the Waltons. I found myself driving the minivan like a mad woman on a mission. I never realized it could be so nimble.... I don't know where my brain went on vacation, but I hope it had a good time. Not only did I forget my haircut appt on Saturday, but I also forgot to take the youngest to speech class on Monday morning. What's better, I didn't realize I forgot the Mon appt till I was already running late, had the dog with me, no make up on, and my kid didn't have shoes on. Oh, and did I mention I left the directions to the facility at home too? There's something about having more than two children to keep up with that throws me in a tail spin. I had them for five days, and managed the swim practice, birthday parties, soccer practice and games, speech class, getting them ready for school, lunches, and homework. Needless to say, I was so glad when the Eagle finally landed :-).

On a completely different topic-have you heard about the two high school kids in Flower Mound? They ran across the football field last Fri night at the game, one dressed like a gorilla, the other a banana. Can you believe the school pressed charges, and made the kids spend the night in jail????? They then wanted to send them to the alternative school with all the thugs. What is up with you people? Have we gotten to a point where jokes are unacceptable? Get a grip!

Speaking of getting a grip....There's a 72 yr old man in Southlake who has been keying Hummers. He has been caught on tape, confessed and turned himself in. He now faces two yrs in prison. When asked why he did it, he said it was because of environmental reasons. Apparently they use 4x's the gas than other vehicles. Now, I'm a big environmentalist, but even I know that's going too far....He did make me feel better about myself though :-)........

No comments: