Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Back In The Saddle Again

We got back Saturday, late morning. Since that time it has been non stop medicine, groceries, laundry, floors, dishes, and kids. Did you notice I left out sleep? That's because there's been none. J is doing great. He was in quite a bit of pain when they wheeled him into recovery, they kept him on morphine for about the first twelve hours, and since then he has been taking hydracodone for the pain. Chandler and I have been so tired. He came home at night to take care of Meg and Annabelle (the weiner dog), and I stayed at the hospital w/ J. We were at Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas. As you already know, I was so nervous! I have to say-they were awesome! They really put my nerves to ease, walked me thru everything, and I knew they were taking care of my child as if he was there own. I can't say enough good about them.

Last night I actually got to sleep until 430 this morning, so I'm feeling pretty rested. It will be good to get back to normal, and get the house back in order. Plus, it's definitely Fall. I love Fall-it's my favorite season. That helps motivate me to cook, and get things done. Tonight is herb roasted chicken, sweet potato mash, and steamed broccoli-my kind of comfort food......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow Woman! You've had a crazy time of it recently. Let me tell you from experience when it gets insane, I start with the basics... If I can manage to get my undies on right then it's a good day. Everything else is trivial beyond that! Hope Jacob is recuping well. My thoughts are with you.